This is a group for therapists who are interested in practicing couples therapy in an experiential manner. This means that, in addition to systemic perspectives, we’ll be drawing on ideas from Person-Centered, Gestalt, Focusing, and especially the empirically-supported integration of these approaches: Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy. Come together in mutual support as you learn, build your careers, and gain confidence in your ability to be truly helpful to your clients.
In 90-minute meetings, members will:
- Present cases, using video whenever possible.
- Understand couple client difficulties using experiential formulations.
- Observe supervisor demonstration of interventions.
- Work through difficulties, blocks, and anxieties in clinical work.
- Grow personally and professionally in a supportive atmosphere.
Who: Psychotherapists interested in practicing couples therapy in an experimental manner.
Where: 95 High Street, Portland, ME. NOTE: At this time, this group is offered through Zoom.
When: Fridays, from 11am to 12:30pm
Cost: Members pay by the month.
- Conditional licensees: $50/month
- Fully licensed: $100/month
Participants are encouraged to purchase the book: Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy: The Dynamics of Emotion, Love, and Power
For more information, please contact Tom Kubasik, LCPC: (207) 699-4979.