In October of 2019, GETME partnered with ISEFT to present Emotion-Focused Therapy, Level 1. It was highly successful — read some participant responses here. We will definitely be presenting this training again.
Another Level 1 will be scheduled as soon as 16 people indicate they want to take it. If you are interested, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page to let us know!
What: This 4-day workshop will cover the fundamentals of Emotion-Focused Therapy for Individuals. Major topics include facilitating EFT tasks to help transform difficult emotions such as core sadness, shame, fear, and vulnerability that are often the source of many clinical problems including depression, anxiety, and trauma. This innovative and engaging program combines didactics, with videotaped demonstration of EFT in action, as well as hands-on experiential learning.
Who: This training is for Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, or others whose scope of practice includes psychotherapy.
Cost: $990 ($700 for students)
Trainer: Dr. Rhonda Goldman, PhD.
With Tom Kubasik, LCPC, facilitator
Participants will learn how EFT therapists:
- Identify and access core pain/primary emotions associated with the presenting problems that bring people to therapy.
- Track clients’ clinical presentation in order to identify emotional processing difficulties and access core underlying painful emotions.
- Assess ways of processing emotion that block or inhibit adaptive use of emotions that are key to producing change.
- Identify key markers (in-session behaviors) in therapy that indicate when and how to intervene in order to change negative dysfunctional emotions.
- Identify phases in emotional processing in order to resolve core issues related to shame, vulnerability, and emotional injuries that block self-acceptance and self-worth.
Level 1 will return to Portland when we can hold a live training safely. If you would like to participate in the next training, please enter your name and email below.