This is a group for therapists who are interested in humanistic/experiential approaches i.e., Person-Centered, Gestalt, Focusing, and especially the empirically-supported integration of these approaches: Emotion-Focused Therapy. (If you are taking Emotion-Focused Therapy Level 1, and want to continue to learn in that vein, this is a great group for you!) Come together in mutual support as you learn, build your careers, and gain confidence in your ability to be truly helpful to your clients.
In 90-minute meetings, members will:
- Formulate and present cases, using video whenever possible.
- Use role-plays and real-plays to practice experiential interventions from therapist, client, and observer perspectives.
- Observe supervisor demonstration of interventions.
- Work through difficulties, blocks, and anxieties in clinical work.
- Grow personally and professionally in a supportive atmosphere.
Who: Psychotherapists interested in experiential work.
Where: 95 High Street, Portland, ME
When: The Fall session will consists of 8 meetings on Wednesdays from 11:00am to 12:30pm on the following dates:
- August 28
- September 11, 25
- October 9, 23
- November 6, 27
- December 11
Cost: The total is $300, or $37.50/meeting for eight 90-minute meetings.
Please note that members pay for all 8 meetings whether they are able to attend all meetings or not. Fall group members have first priority in joining the Winter (January – April) group.
Participants are encouraged to purchase the book Learning Emotion-Focused Therapy.
Minimum of 5, maximum of 7 participants.
For more information, please contact Tom Kubasik, LCPC: (207) 699-4979.