GETME holds a twice-monthly, 90-minute supervision group for therapists who are interested in humanistic/experiential approaches i.e., Person-Centered, Gestalt, Focusing, and Emotion-Focused Therapy. Come together in mutual support as you learn, build your careers, and gain confidence in your ability to be truly helpful to your clients.
Each meeting, members will:
- Present cases, using video whenever possible.
- Understand client difficulties using experiential formulations.
- Work through difficulties, blocks, and anxieties in clinical work.
- Consultation for ethical dilemmas.
- Grow personally and professionally in a supportive atmosphere.
Who: Psychotherapists interested in experiential work.
Where: 95 High Street, Portland, ME. NOTE: At this time, GETME groups are all being conducted via Zoom.
When: The group meets Fridays from 11am to 12:30pm. Here are the dates for winter 2021 trimester:
- January 15th and 29th
- February 12th and 26th
- March 12th
- April 9th & 23rd
- May 7th
Participants are encouraged to purchase the books Learning Emotion-Focused Therapy and, for couples work, Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy: The Dynamics of Emotion, Love, and Power.
If you would like to participate, please contact us.