GETME holds a twice-monthly, 90-minute supervision group for therapists who are interested in humanistic/experiential approaches i.e., Person-Centered, Gestalt, and Emotion-Focused Therapy. Come together in mutual support as you learn, build your careers, and gain confidence in your ability to be truly helpful to your clients.
Each meeting, members will:
- Present cases, using video whenever possible.
- Understand client difficulties using experiential formulations.
- Work through difficulties, blocks, and anxieties in clinical work.
- Consultation for ethical dilemmas.
- Grow personally and professionally in a supportive atmosphere.
Who: Psychotherapists interested in experiential work.
Where: 95 High Street, Portland, ME. NOTE: At this time, GETME groups are all being conducted via Zoom.
When: The group meets Fridays from 11am to 12:30pm. Here are the dates for summer 2021 trimester:
- May 21st
- June 4th & 18th
- July 2nd, 16th & 30th
- August 13th & 27th
Some books that might be helpful for participants to have read include:
- Gestalt Therapy Integrated
- Learning Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy: The Dynamics of Emotion, Love, and Power.
If you would like to participate, please contact us.