This training will be offered, via Zoom, starting May 30th. Click here to go to our course registration page.
What: A training group for clinicians who have some background in experiential therapy, but are new to couples therapy — or, have experience with couples therapy, but not with experiential work. The material covered will draw from experiential therapy traditions: Person-Centered, Gestalt, Focusing, and Emotion-Focused Therapy, but is primarily based in EFT.
When: Eight Tuesdays, from 9:00am to 12:15pm. Here are the dates:
- May 30th
- June 6th, 13th, 20, 27th
- July 11th, 18th, 25th
Where: This iteration of Experiential Couples Therapy will be held via Zoom.
This course will be offered again, in person, in the fall.
Trainer: Tom Kubasik, LCPC, NCC
- Students or Conditionally Licensed: $495
- Fully licensed: $595
Program Learning Objectives:
1. Utilizing a systemic understanding, participants will analyze partners’ relational conflict cycle, and be able to describe it in process terms, both for themselves and for their clients.
2. Participants will be able to assess clients’ moment-by-moment depth of experiencing, as distinguished from client verbal production, and sensitively access more primary experience.
3. Participants will demonstrate the ability to structure client enactments in order to arrest and reverse relational conflict cycles.
4. Participants will isolate the idiosyncratic impact of emotional injuries, and coach partners toward effective repair.
Meeting 1: Introduction of the course; the rationale for working experientially; perception, emotion, meaning & action in couple difficulties.
Meeting 2: Establishing two relationships, appreciating two worlds, tracking two pains; moving from confusion toward understanding.
Meeting 3: Varieties of Relational Conflict Cycles;Attachment & Identity.
Meeting 4: Working with Polarities: pursuers/ withdrawers, dominants/submitters, under- functioning/over-functioning; reality fights.
Meeting 5: “The Music and the Lyrics” or “Text and Subtext” (Clearly distinguishing client verbal production from client experiential meanings).
Meeting 6: Accessing and Deepening Client Experiencing; the vital importance of the Growth Tendency.
Meeting 7: Deepening contact with Enactments:The When, the How, and the Why.
Meeting 8: Affairs, Emotional Injuries, and Repair Work.Working between two cycles.
A certificate of 24 Contact Hours will be issues on completion of the program.
For more information, call (207) 699-4979 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org